- A system of measurement using the centimetre, the gram, and the second as basic units of length, mass, and time respectively.More example sentences
- The Gauss is a unit of magnetic induction in the centimetre-gram-second system of physical units.
- Early on in the history of the metric system various centimetre gram second system of units (CGS) had been in use.
- Because of the need in science for small units, the cgs (centimetre-gram-second) system also came into use.
More definitions of centimetre-gram-second systemDefinition of centimetre-gram-second system in:
- The US English dictionary