noun (plural centos)• rare
- A literary work made up of quotations from other authors.More example sentences
- This passage is another characteristic cento of references to different Dante texts, although this has not been noted.
- Centos are a great way to encourage older children to read poetry.
- This glosa is based on R S Gwynn's Approaching A Significant Birthday He Peruses The Norton Anthology Of Poetry which is itself a cento.
early 17th century: Latin, 'patchwork garment', the original sense in English.
More definitions of centoDefinition of cento in:
- The US English dictionary