- A national bank that provides financial and banking services for its country’s government and commercial banking system, as well as implementing the government’s monetary policy and issuing currency.More example sentences
- First, a conflict with the internal monetary policies of central banks may arise.
- The central bank's tight monetary policy has presented severe problems for the business community.
- We can define a bubble as activities that spring up on the back of loose monetary policy of the central bank.
More definitions of central bankDefinition of central bank in:
- The US English dictionary