nounchiefly North American
- An agency or department that supplies actors for minor, usually stereotypical or generic film roles: Lynch is a mild, methodical guy, a bureaucrat from central casting a couple of hammy doctors straight from central castingMore example sentences
- I had no desire to be someone out of central casting for the current hit movie The Forty Year Old Virgin.
- She seemed to have been sent from central casting.
- They weren't - I didn't get them from central casting, no matter what you've read.
1920s: from the name of the US organization Central Casting Corporation.
More definitions of central castingDefinition of central casting in:
- The US English dictionary