(US center field)
The central part of the outfield: the ball bounded into centrefield
More example sentences
- Gary Sheffield drove in Derek Jeter with a short sacrifice fly to centerfield, the Yankee shortstop brazenly testing Lew Ford's arm.
- Probably the most oft repeated phrase on Yankees' broadcasts is ‘ground ball up the middle, through to centerfield for a base hit.’
- Just as my brother and I were settling into our seats, Jays' centerfielder Wells gave the crowd a rare reason to cheer a visiting player when he robbed Alex Rodriguez of a home run to deep centerfield.
- More example sentences
- Last time I was at Wrigley Field, the team had a different catcher, a different first basemen, second basemen, shortstop, centerfielder, right fielder, and set-up man than they did last night.
- Their catcher, first baseman, shortstop, third baseman, centerfielder, and designated hitter all rank among the top four at their position in the minors.
- Forget the fact that Upton has no real home yet - he's either a shortstop, third baseman or centerfielder, depending on who you ask - because his bat will play anywhere.
Definition of centre field in:
- The US English dictionary