(US center field)
Definition of centre field in English:
The central part of the outfield: the ball bounded into centrefield
More example sentences
- Gary Sheffield drove in Derek Jeter with a short sacrifice fly to centerfield, the Yankee shortstop brazenly testing Lew Ford's arm.
- Probably the most oft repeated phrase on Yankees' broadcasts is ‘ground ball up the middle, through to centerfield for a base hit.’
- Just as my brother and I were settling into our seats, Jays' centerfielder Wells gave the crowd a rare reason to cheer a visiting player when he robbed Alex Rodriguez of a home run to deep centerfield.
centre fielder noun
- Example sentences
- Last time I was at Wrigley Field, the team had a different catcher, a different first basemen, second basemen, shortstop, centerfielder, right fielder, and set-up man than they did last night.
- Their catcher, first baseman, shortstop, third baseman, centerfielder, and designated hitter all rank among the top four at their position in the minors.
- Forget the fact that Upton has no real home yet - he's either a shortstop, third baseman or centerfielder, depending on who you ask - because his bat will play anywhere.
Definition of centre field in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan