nounSoccer & Hockey
- An attacker who plays in the middle of the field.More example sentences
- He did not have a traditional center forward, his wingers were tall, quick and skillful, his central midfielders aggressive ball-winners.
- I think centre halves are more aggressive than say, a centre forward, and if the ball is there to be headed then you will go and head it, no matter who is in the way.
- In front of him the team consists of two banks of three players - three guards in defence and two wingers and a centre forward in attack.
More definitions of centre forwardDefinition of centre forward in:
- The US English dictionary