- Relating to or denoting guns whose cartridges have the primer in the centre of the base.More example sentences
- I can reload centerfire ammunition almost as cheaply, but some days I just want to shoot without fretting about lost cases or going through the reloading process.
- It was the first centerfire cartridge adopted by the U.S. military.
- There are many different kinds of .22 LR ammunition on the market, and all of them are fairly inexpensive compared to centerfire ammo.
More definitions of centrefireDefinition of centrefire in:
- The US English dictionary