Definition of centrefold in English:
1The two middle pages of a magazine, often taken up by a single illustration or feature: pull-out-and-keep centrefolds on superior quality paper [as modifier]: a centrefold poster
More example sentences
- It was the centerfold layout of the magazine, blown up to poster size.
- She shook her head, ‘I specifically told her I could finish the centerfold layout for the magazine tonight.’
- The page after the centerfold reproduction includes some suggestions for using the reproduction in the classroom.
1.1An illustration on a centrefold, typically a picture of a naked or scantily clad model.
- I have no great picture of her to link because I am out of town in San Francisco and all the pictures I have are the naked librarian Playboy centerfolds I got in email a few days back.
- But now that you mention it, yes, one particularly nasty piece of business does stand out like a quarter-sized hairy mole on the airbrushed cheek of a Playboy centerfold.
- He wouldn't wince, not even when you pursed your lips in a pose worthy of a centerfold (of what magazine, you weren't sure).
Definition of centrefold in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan