Definition of centrepiece in English:
1An ornament or display placed in the middle of a dining table.
- Noelle lifted her eyes from the table's centerpiece, a flower display.
- Use patterned glasses for impromptu vases, creating centerpieces or table displays with an assortment of styles and sizes.
- There was a very large artistic flower centerpiece on the head table.
1.1An item, issue, etc. intended to be a focus of attention: a domestic programme with health care as the centrepiece
More example sentences
- The centrepiece of the restored park will be a central focal point, where a variety of community events can be held.
- Glittering snow globes delight children and adults alike, while individual ornaments ranging from three to 12 inches high provide dazzling centrepieces.
- Set in the middle of an enormous national park, its centrepiece is a beautiful castle so big it takes up a whole island all of its own.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan