1An ornament or display placed in the middle of a dining table.
- Noelle lifted her eyes from the table's centerpiece, a flower display.
- Use patterned glasses for impromptu vases, creating centerpieces or table displays with an assortment of styles and sizes.
- There was a very large artistic flower centerpiece on the head table.
1.1An item, issue, etc. intended to be a focus of attention: a domestic programme with health care as the centrepiece
More example sentences
- The centrepiece of the restored park will be a central focal point, where a variety of community events can be held.
- Glittering snow globes delight children and adults alike, while individual ornaments ranging from three to 12 inches high provide dazzling centrepieces.
- Set in the middle of an enormous national park, its centrepiece is a beautiful castle so big it takes up a whole island all of its own.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.