Definition of centrifugal in English:
Moving or tending to move away from a centre. The opposite of centripetal.
- Einstein warmed to the idea that the gravitational field of the rest of the Universe might explain centrifugal and other inertial forces resulting from acceleration.
- That produced a small centrifugal displacement of the beam indicative of its velocity distribution as imaged by faint deposits of silver.
- In this schema, circulation was entirely centrifugal: blood moved only outward from the heart and liver to the various parts of the body, where it was consumed for nourishment.
- Example sentences
- This patient's condition is characterized by nonindurated, annular patches of centrifugally expanding erythema and desquamation at the inner margin.
- Research suggests that erythema migrans most commonly presents as a centrifugally expanding, erythematous annular patch.
- It begins as a small red papule at the site of the bite, expanding centrifugally over days to weeks.
Definition of centrifugal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.