(US centering /ˈsɛnt(ə)rɪŋ/)
- 1The action or process of placing something in the middle of something else.More example sentences
- I love the intensity of a whirlpool's centring of things.
- The horizontal centering is not a problem.
- Once this is done, with appropriate hacks for Internet Explorer (which does not implement minimum and maximum heights), vertical centering is achieved.
- 2 Architecture Framing used to support an arch or dome while it is under construction.More example sentences
- The centring is normally made of wood which was a relatively straightforward structure in a simple arch or vault but with more complex shapes clay or sand bound by a weak lime mortar mix could be used.
- The shaping of this sort of centring would probably be done by eye, perhaps with the help of a template and the stone or brick structure laid against it.
- Brunelleschi won the contest in 1420 with a proposal to erect the dome without wooden centering.
More definitions of centringDefinition of centring in:
- The US English dictionary