- A force which acts on a body moving in a circular path and is directed towards the centre around which the body is moving.More example sentences
- Now, if we set a cylindrical space station in rotational motion at a certain angular velocity, anything that moves with it will need a centripetal force to keep it rotating with the station.
- Armed with his conception of material space, which was the location of gravity, combined with the constant action of the centripetal force of universal gravitation, Toland believed he had accounted for all phenomena in the universe.
- Newton analysed the motion of bodies in resisting and non-resisting media under the action of centripetal forces.
More definitions of centripetal forceDefinition of centripetal force in:
- The US English dictionary