noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- Any of a group of phospholipids present in cell membranes, especially in the brain.More example sentences
- In this way a reaction product forms in which more than 95% of the cephalin originally present has been converted to acylcephalin.
- The major cephalins are phosphatidylserine and phophatidylethanolamine.
- The three assessed commercial cephalins can be used in laboratorial routine for the lupus anticoagulant research.
late 19th century: from Greek kephalē 'brain' + -in1.
More definitions of cephalinDefinition of cephalin in:
- The US English dictionary