A gregarious quadrupedal herbivorous dinosaur of a group found in the Cretaceous period, including triceratops.
- Infraorder Ceratopsia, order Ornithischia
More example sentences
- Within dinosaur families that had relatively similar body types, such as the hadrosaurs (duck-billed dinosaurs) or ceratopsians (such as Triceratops), there is an incredible range of diversity.
- An alternate view, that ceratopsians and pachycephalosaurs diverged from ornithopod dinosaurs in the Late Jurassic, is more consistent with the preserved biostratigraphic evidence.
- The ornithischians (‘bird-hipped’ dinosaurs) are herbivores, and include the plated Stegosaurus, the armored Ankylosaurus, horned ceratopsians, and duck-billed hadrosaurids.
Definition of ceratopsian in:
- The US English dictionary