- Superfamily Cercopithecoidea and family Cercopithecidae
- Our data set was comprised of eight species: a Platyrrhini, the white-fronted capuchin monkey, two cercopithecoids: the Barbary macaque and the hamadryas baboon, four hominoids and an outgroup sequence.
- Fossils of the earliest hominoids (21 million years ago) and the cercopithecoids (Old World monkeys; 19 million years ago) are known from the early Miocene.
- Jablonski also provides an in-depth discussion of the radiation and paleoecology of Neogene cercopithecoids, highlighting the adaptations of extant and extinct Old World monkeys to a diverse range of niches.
- The C 1 calibration was based on the estimated ages of the three earliest putative cercopithecoid and hominoid fossils.
- The same situation is encountered at the 3’ splice site of cercopithecoid Old World monkeys (OWMs).
- Primers were designed from conserved regions of the cercopithecoid and human sequences in the public databases.
Late 19th century: from modern Latin Cercopithecoidea, based on Greek kerkopithēkos, a long-tailed monkey (from kerkos 'tail' + pithēkos 'ape').
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cerco|pith¦ecoid
Definition of cercopithecoid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.