- A waxy fleshy covering at the base of the upper beak in some birds.More example sentences
- Exposed skin of the ceres, dewlaps, horns, bills or legs may be brightly colored red or blue.
- For both species, body size traits (in mm) included mean tarsus length, mean flattened wing chord, tail length, and culmen length (base of cere to tip of beak).
- Falconids are medium-sized to large birds of prey (wingspan 55 to more than 125 cm, weight 28 to 2100 g), typically with hooked beaks, large brown eyes and a yellow cere, eyerings and feet.
late 15th century: from Latin cera 'wax'.
More definitions of cereDefinition of cere in:
- The US English dictionary