Definition of cerebellum in English:
noun (plural cerebellums or cerebella /-lə/)Anatomy
The part of the brain at the back of the skull in vertebrates, which coordinates and regulates muscular activity.
- The vertebrobasilar arteries supply the brain stem, cerebellum, and occipital lobes; the cerebral hemispheres are supplied through the carotid arteries.
- The brain includes the cerebral hemispheres, the cerebellum, and the brain stem.
- The voluntary muscles are regulated by the parts of the brain known as the cerebral motor cortex and the cerebellum.
- Example sentences
- There was no herniation of the temporal lobe unci or cerebellar tonsils.
- These patients experienced major gains in cerebral, motor, brain stem/cranial nerve, cerebellar and/or sensory function.
- Common findings on brain imaging include enlarged ventricles, widened cortical sulci, and cerebral, cerebellar, or brain stem atrophy.
Definition of cerebellum in:
- US English dictionary