Definition of cerebellum in English:
noun (plural cerebellums or cerebella /-lə/)Anatomy
The part of the brain at the back of the skull in vertebrates, which coordinates and regulates muscular activity.
- The vertebrobasilar arteries supply the brain stem, cerebellum, and occipital lobes; the cerebral hemispheres are supplied through the carotid arteries.
- The brain includes the cerebral hemispheres, the cerebellum, and the brain stem.
- The voluntary muscles are regulated by the parts of the brain known as the cerebral motor cortex and the cerebellum.
- Example sentences
- There was no herniation of the temporal lobe unci or cerebellar tonsils.
- These patients experienced major gains in cerebral, motor, brain stem/cranial nerve, cerebellar and/or sensory function.
- Common findings on brain imaging include enlarged ventricles, widened cortical sulci, and cerebral, cerebellar, or brain stem atrophy.
Definition of cerebellum in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan