- Any of a group of complex lipids present in the sheaths of nerve fibres.More example sentences
- Globosides represent cerebrosides that contain additional carbohydrates, predominantly galactose, glucose or GalNAc.
- The members of this family hydrolyze sulfate ester bonds of a variety of compounds, including mucopolysaccharides, cerebrosides, and steroids.
- The amide linkage resides in a region of low dielectric constant, according to available structural data on ceramides and cerebrosides which further promotes the formation of strong hydrogen bonds.
More definitions of cerebrosideDefinition of cerebroside in:
- The US English dictionary