Definition of cereology in English:
The study or investigation of crop circles.
- The phenomenon has spawned its own science: cereology.
- The eccentric Rockefeller - Laurence, that is - has financed further investigations, and now Mel Gibson has done his bit to revitalize cereology, suggesting aliens as the source of the phenomenon.
- During the dark days from late 1992 to early 1994, when hoaxers and skeptics seemed almost-successful in proving that cereology was but a wild-goose chase for fools, Roland kept the Symposium going.
- 1cereologist noun
- Example sentences
- By the end of the 1980s books on the crop circle phenomenon had begun to spring up as well, and soon circles-mystery enthusiasts were being dubbed cereologists (after Ceres, the Roman goddess of vegetation).
- They call themselves cereologists, the motley collection of pseudo-scientists, paranormalists and unfulfilled naïfs who have suddenly been thrust into the spotlight by the new movie ‘Signs.’
- While the relationship between crop artists and cereologists is uneasy, the relationship between artists and farmers is mutually beneficial.
Definition of cereology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.