noun (plural same or ceros)
- A large fish of the mackerel family, which is an important food fish in the tropical western Atlantic.
More example sentences
- Scomberomorus regalis, family Scombridae
- Mention should also be made of a Caribbean species, S. regalis, the cero.
- Resembling a large Spanish mackerel, the cero mackerel has both stripes and dots on its side.
- The range of the cero mackerel is limited to the western Atlantic Ocean, from Massachusetts, USA south to Brazil, including the Bahamas and West Indies.
late 19th century: from Spanish sierra 'saw or sawfish'.
More definitions of ceroDefinition of cero in:
- The US English dictionary