- Deep blue in colour like a clear sky: images of cerulean waters and golden sandsMore example sentences
- She had turned to find a pair of clear, dark, cerulean blue eyes looking into her own amethyst ones from a face nearly as pale as her own.
- Those pretty, crystal clear cerulean eyes of our mother's were burning holes into either side Liz's already flushed face.
- He did wonder why they had those same cerulean eyes as clear as crystal.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- A deep sky-blue colour: the background was painted in cerulean blueMore example sentences
- She was slowly coloring the entire page in shades of aqua and cerulean, paralleling the ceiling above.
- The eyes could be either as cold and sparkling as sapphires or as warm and limpid as the deep cerulean of the sea, or even, in certain moods, the misty blue of the mountains.
- The water was an insipid hue of cerulean, the texture rough with salt to his sensitized skin.
mid 17th century: from Latin caeruleus 'sky blue', from caelum 'sky'.
More definitions of ceruleanDefinition of cerulean in:
- The US English dictionary