- A marine mammal of the order Cetacea; a whale, dolphin, or porpoise.More example sentences
- Killer whales also prey on mammals such as other cetaceans and pinnipeds, as well as on birds and large fish.
- Odontocete cetaceans rely upon echolocation to sense the environment and detect prey.
- Within odontocete cetaceans, variation in body design affects stability and turning performance.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting cetaceans.More example sentences
- To work for closer integration of environmental concerns into fisheries management including a reduction in small cetacean casualties.
- Further studies will be needed to finally identify the role of the diaphragm in cetacean ventilation.
- No ancient DNA has yet been used for cetacean systematics.
More definitions of cetaceanDefinition of cetacean in:
- The US English dictionary