Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of CFL in English:
1Compact fluorescent light (or lamp).
- Replace the light bulbs in your highest-usage lights with CFL bulbs.
- A CFL can replace an incandescent bulb with up to four times its wattage, resulting in a 75 percent energy savings.
- Choose a CFL that's one-fourth of the wattage of your old incandescent bulb.
2Canadian Football League.
- His father, Jack, a successful contractor, played centre for the CFL Hamilton Tiger Cats in the forties.
- Going to Sundance to promote Canadian film is a bit like going to the Super Bowl to promote the CFL.
- The CFL doesn't leave fans arguing over who is at fault for ridiculous player salaries, outrageous profits or the viability of small-market teams.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.