- One of a sequence of letters, each recipient in the sequence being requested to send copies to a specific number of other people.More example sentences
- In the money chain letter, a recruiter sends new recruits a letter with a list of names on it, including the recruiter's name at the bottom of the list.
- The chain letter asks residents to send a £10 gift to a person named on a list before adding their name to the list and forwarding it to 200 local people.
- Ten years ago, if you had a boycott, you might send out a chain letter or harass some poor secretary in headquarters somewhere.
More definitions of chain letterDefinition of chain letter in:
- The US English dictionary