Definition of challan in English:
An official form or document, such as a receipt, invoice, or summons.
- The victim (still without having revealed his media identity) insists on some challan for being stopped, in vain.
- Till now, the mobile squads had the right to issue any challan, for which a receipt would also be given.
- In case of argument by the driver, the challans of very high amounts are issued to the erring driver.
verb (challans, challaning, challaned)[with object] Back to top
Issue (someone) with an official notice of a traffic offence: police challaned over 24 vehicle owners for violating the rules
More example sentences
- Smash the heads of the traffic policemen if they challan you for not wearing helmets.
- How can a civilian like you and me, be it a bus driver, a college principal or a hospital superintendent, challan us?
- It was decided that the Departments of Excise and Taxation, Police and Transport would jointly challan the vehicles found violating traffic rules or being used for any antisocial activity.
Words that rhyme with challansullen
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia