Definition of challan in English:
An official form or document, such as a receipt, invoice, or summons.
- The victim (still without having revealed his media identity) insists on some challan for being stopped, in vain.
- Till now, the mobile squads had the right to issue any challan, for which a receipt would also be given.
- In case of argument by the driver, the challans of very high amounts are issued to the erring driver.
verb(challans, challaning, challaned) [with object] Back to top
Issue (someone) with an official notice of a traffic offence: police challaned over 24 vehicle owners for violating the rules
More example sentences
- Smash the heads of the traffic policemen if they challan you for not wearing helmets.
- How can a civilian like you and me, be it a bus driver, a college principal or a hospital superintendent, challan us?
- It was decided that the Departments of Excise and Taxation, Police and Transport would jointly challan the vehicles found violating traffic rules or being used for any antisocial activity.