- 1(In Spain and Latin America) a small light boat or canoe.More example sentences
- Every chalupa has a name
- One of the small craft, an eight-metre whaling chalupa was found pinned beneath the collapsed starboard side of a 200-tonelada whaling vessel.
- The boat turned out to be a chalupa from the 1500s, built and used by Basque whalers.
- 1.1A fried tortilla in the shape of a boat, with a spicy filling.More example sentences
- Although the kind of prison these cons are describing in bone-chilling vignettes is, of the kind you only fantasize if you really have issues or if gone to bed after a particularly spicy chalupa.
- ‘We wanted to introduce a performance Lexus that the younger crowd could afford without resigning themselves to eating 99-cent chalupas at Taco Bell every day,’ says Bergsteinsson.
- Abhidar, what do you want… the chalupa or the hard taco?
late 19th century: Spanish, ultimately related to Dutch sloep 'sloop'.
More definitions of chalupaDefinition of chalupa in:
- The US English dictionary