Definition of chalupa in English:
1(In Spain and Latin America) a small light boat or canoe.
- Every chalupa has a name
- One of the small craft, an eight-metre whaling chalupa was found pinned beneath the collapsed starboard side of a 200-tonelada whaling vessel.
- The boat turned out to be a chalupa from the 1500s, built and used by Basque whalers.
1.1A fried tortilla in the shape of a boat, with a spicy filling.
- Although the kind of prison these cons are describing in bone-chilling vignettes is, of the kind you only fantasize if you really have issues or if gone to bed after a particularly spicy chalupa.
- ‘We wanted to introduce a performance Lexus that the younger crowd could afford without resigning themselves to eating 99-cent chalupas at Taco Bell every day,’ says Bergsteinsson.
- Abhidar, what do you want… the chalupa or the hard taco?
late 19th century: Spanish, ultimately related to Dutch sloep 'sloop'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan