- Of or denoting natural mineral springs containing iron salts.More example sentences
- One of those ridges spreads its long finger all the way down to where a good path leads to Hartfell Spa, a chalybeate spring contained in its little beehive-shaped shelter.
- Lord North stopped at the chalybeate springs in 1606 when on a trip from London.
- The chalybeate spring is located inside the iron railing; and the spring is the reason the first hotel was built in 1826.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin chalybeatus, from Latin chalybs, from Greek khalups, khalub- 'steel'.
More definitions of chalybeateDefinition of chalybeate in:
- The US English dictionary