- A cloth with a white weft and a coloured warp.More example sentences
- Other than the special sizing application, the greige fabrics are made of the same fibers, yarns and constructions as standard chambray or denim fabrics.
- To produce cloth, yarn was ‘put out’ to local handweavers who made bed ticking, stripes, checks, chambray, ginghams, plaids, sheetings and shirtings.
- She wore a white linen chambray shirt that buttoned in the front with pearl buttons.
early 19th century (originally US): formed irregularly from Cambrai, the name of a town in northern France, where it was originally made. Compare with cambric.
More definitions of chambrayDefinition of chambray in:
- The US English dictionary