(also fairy ring champignon)
- A small edible mushroom with a light brown cap, growing in short grass in both Eurasia and North America and often forming fairy rings.
More example sentences
- Marasmius oreades, family Tricholomataceae, class Hymenomycetes
- A combination of bamboo heart, black fungus, dried black mushrooms, fresh champignons and dried seaweed known as ‘fat chye’ are sometimes referred to as Vegetables Deluxe.
- It's because the guy on the phone doesn't know that a champignon and a mushroom is one and the same thing.
- The British mushroom which was most dried in former times was the champignon or fairy ring mushroom.
late 16th century: from French, diminutive of Old French champagne 'open country' (see champaign).
More definitions of champignonDefinition of champignon in:
- The US English dictionary