noun (plural chandleries)
- 1The shop or business of a chandler.More example sentences
- The days fly by with prolific shopping trips to outdoor equipment specialists, chemists, chandleries, map shops and book stores.
- The businesses related to these sectors like taxi drivers, grocery stores, day charters and chandleries will suffer as well.
- Numerous suppliers like Budget Marine and Marine Warehouse, plus smaller chandleries, make a boater's life ashore slightly easier.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Goods sold by a chandler.More example sentences
- Frankie Byrne is the local of supplier of nets and chandlery in the area.
- They supplied crab pots and general chandlery.
- He now runs a successful net and chandlery business with the assistance of his wife Rita as secretary.
More definitions of chandleryDefinition of chandlery in:
- The US English dictionary