noun[mass noun] Physics
The study of chaotic systems.
- Yet their treatment from a quantum point of view - a subject called quantum chaology - proves to be problematic.
- In the lecture some concepts of the emerging science of chaology are illustrated by means of a simple machine.
- The new, interdisciplinary subfield of quantum chaology studies semiclassical, but nonclassical phenomena in quantal systems whose classical counterparts exhibit the transition to chaotic dynamics.
- Example sentences
- Both of these clues should help quantum chaologists zero in on the one system that will prove the Riemann hypothesis.
- Legend has it that a group of early chaologists in Santa Cruz would sit in cafes looking for strange attractors through the window.
- Fractal scientists and chaologists, in contrast, operate from the assumption that natural systems are necessarily nonlinear, dynamic, and disordered.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cha¦ol|ogy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.