- Leather trousers without a seat, worn by a cowboy over ordinary trousers to protect the legs.More example sentences
- His legs are also protected by bronze plates, which resemble the chaparajos of the cowboys in the wild west.
- Their chaparejos were made of heavy bullhide, to protect the leg from the brush and thorns.
- The Oroqen clothes are mainly gowns, including fur gown, fur jacket, fur trousers, chaparajos, fur shoes, fur socks, fur gloves, fur waistcoat, roe head hat and so on.
mid 19th century: from Mexican Spanish chaparreras, from chaparra 'dwarf evergreen oak' (with reference to protection from thorny vegetation: see chaparral); probably influenced by Spanish aparejo 'equipment'.
More definitions of chaparajosDefinition of chaparajos in:
- The US English dictionary