Definition of chaplain in English:
A member of the clergy attached to a private chapel, institution, ship, regiment, etc. a prison chaplain
More example sentences
- Prison chaplains reflect the same wide variety of theological beliefs as religious leaders on the other side of the bars.
- He also was meeting Evangelical chaplains, who seemed to possess something that he lacked.
- Each morning we got together to hear God's Word preached by the chaplain.
- Example sentences
- The parish is the historic home of the Catholic chaplaincy at Harvard.
- Social ministry organizations, schools, colleges and chaplaincies to work together to advance the gospel and the common good.
- The book is a good introduction to the history and basic challenges of military chaplaincy.
Words that rhyme with chaplainChaplin
Definition of chaplain in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.