- The malicious and unjustified harming of a person’s good reputation: all too often they discredit themselves by engaging in character assassinationMore example sentences
- They have indulged in character assassination, slander and libel, and the sloppiest, least scientific thinking imaginable.
- Towards the end, the campaign took on a markedly personal form with character assassination and mudslinging becoming the order of the day.
- Now he is suffering character assassination through leaks and attacks under parliamentary privilege.
More definitions of character assassinationDefinition of character assassination in:
- The US English dictionary