1A person who makes charcoal.
- This piece was inspired by a cautionary fairy tale of 1826 about a humble charcoal burner who trades his human heart for money and a heart of stone.
- It turns to the countryside, narrating a poignant family conflict centered on Mohammad's widowed father, Hashem, a peasant farmer and charcoal burner.
- The city fathers must adopt new methods to levy the charcoal burners, motorists, fishmongers, vendors and all those engaged in economic activities.
2A small stove using charcoal as fuel.
- When Chan Wing-yun and his two school friends headed out to an island retreat off Hong Kong recently, they carefully sealed the windows of their rented room and lit a charcoal burner.
- A short walk, which was perfumed by wood-smoke, led us to a small clearing where the charcoal burner was situated.
- This is a huge wedge of cheese melted on a charcoal burner at your table.
Definition of charcoal burner in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.