Definition of charge carrier in English:
1A particle which carries an electric charge.
- Now think of a charge carrier - an electron, say - in the n-type region.
- The n- and p- stand for Negative and Positive, as the dominant charge carrier in n-type materials are the negative electrons.
- In a conductor, say a metal wire, the charge carriers are able to move under the influence of even a tiny electric field.
1.1A mobile electron or hole by which electric charge passes through a semiconductor.
- At these low temperatures the mobility edge can be probed without the complication of thermal activation - a process that assists charge carrier transport in semiconductors due to large thermal energy at high temperatures.
- We can now take a moment to discuss some of the properties of the two types of charge carriers; electrons and holes.
- This is due to the difficulty of maintaining control of charge carriers moving through the transistor when using only a single gate.
Definition of charge carrier in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan