- 1A particle which carries an electric charge.More example sentences
- Now think of a charge carrier - an electron, say - in the n-type region.
- The n- and p- stand for Negative and Positive, as the dominant charge carrier in n-type materials are the negative electrons.
- In a conductor, say a metal wire, the charge carriers are able to move under the influence of even a tiny electric field.
- 1.1A mobile electron or hole by which electric charge passes through a semiconductor.More example sentences
- At these low temperatures the mobility edge can be probed without the complication of thermal activation - a process that assists charge carrier transport in semiconductors due to large thermal energy at high temperatures.
- We can now take a moment to discuss some of the properties of the two types of charge carriers; electrons and holes.
- This is due to the difficulty of maintaining control of charge carriers moving through the transistor when using only a single gate.
More definitions of charge carrierDefinition of charge carrier in:
- The US English dictionary