- A fundamentalist movement within the Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other Christian Churches that emphasizes talents held to be conferred by the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and healing of the sick.More example sentences
- More recently, even where the charismatic movement remains within denominational churches, it has acquired a Restorationist emphasis.
- After decades of dead formalism in denominational churches, the charismatic movement seemed to bring great spiritual freedom.
- This event marked the emergence of ‘Restorationism’ as a separate strand within the charismatic movement, distinct from the renewal.
More definitions of charismatic movementDefinition of charismatic movement in:
- The US English dictionary