- A person or group regarded as needing help or financial support: she was sent as a charity case to a Catholic boarding school I like to pay my way, not be a charity caseMore example sentences
- I was a charity case and felt intimidated by all the Ivy Leaguers.
- You can be intelligent and be poverty-stricken, but to be treated as a charity case by the welfare system is insulting.
- Seventy percent of his patients are charity cases; the remaining 30% seek him out and pay for his services because the quality of his work is world-class.
More definitions of charity caseDefinition of charity case in:
- The US English dictionary