- A pudding consisting of custard enclosed in sponge cake or a casing of sponge fingers.More example sentences
- A charlotte russe is an extraordinary dessert - a circle of little cakes, called ladyfingers, topped with clouds of whipped cream.
- Along with the egg creams and charlotte russes are the requisite luncheonettes and kitchenettes.
- Mama is having a tea party, and Electra is sent to Mrs. Zimmerman's bakery to buy six charlotte russes.
French, literally 'Russian charlotte'.
More definitions of charlotte russeDefinition of charlotte russe in:
- The US English dictionary