noun (plural charmonia)Physics
- A combination of a charmed quark and antiquark.More example sentences
- The measurement of the production rate of the J / and other charmonium mesons was a key indicator of possible new phenomena in the pioneering CERN experiments.
- The hadron is represented by an external color field and the charmonium is represented by a small color dipole.
- Using the ingredients from those calculations we calculate also exclusive electroproduction of charmonia off nuclei.
1970s: from charm ( sense 4 of the noun).
More definitions of charmoniumDefinition of charmonium in:
- The US English dictionary