- 1A public meeting or workshop devoted to a concerted effort to solve a problem or plan the design of something.More example sentences
- Officials with the Society for Housing Options are hopeful that many people in Cochrane will attend the charrette this Thursday and have their say in this exciting project.
- Civano's architecture, much of which is a direct outcome of the original Civano design charrette, is based on traditional Tucsan and Southwestern styles.
- One of the firm's signature innovations was the concept of ‘Squatters,’ programming-and-design charrettes conducted over a period of days with client participation.
late Middle English (denoting a cart or wagon): from French charrette, literally 'cart'; current sense dates from the mid 20th century, possibly with reference to the use of a cart in 19th-cent. Paris to collect architecture students' work on the day of an exhibition.
More definitions of charretteDefinition of charrette in:
- The US English dictionary