(Of a popular singer, group, or recording) having reached the top of the music charts.
- However, don't for a moment underestimate his huge talent as a chart-topping singer with a sweet melodic voice, excellent songsmith skills and a more than capable guitarist.
- Joining Aled and Pam to count down the nation's favourite carols are chart-topping singer Katherine Jenkins and world-famous classical soloist Andrea Bocelli.
- The tickets enabled Clare and a friend to meet the band after the Wembley show on Saturday, when the chart-topping group announced they would be splitting up after five years
- Example sentences
- Their latest offering ‘Duur’ is a chart-topper in India as well as Pakistan.
- Every year he returns with a rock-out chart-topper, an epic ballad and a couple of annoyingly-catchy, quirkily-worded ditties.
- It is a testament to the impact of 2003's album Elephant that they should become chart-toppers.
Definition of chart-topping in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.