1A small box on a form into which a tick or other mark is entered as the response to a question: Americans will be able to identify themselves as more than one race on the census form, choosing from 12 checkboxes and three write-in spaces
More example sentences
- At the bottom of each bio sheet were three check boxes marked 'let's discuss', 'give me further checks'—or 'I'm not interested'.
- We manufacture forms, paperwork for use in doctors' offices and insurance companies and body shops, those multiple carbon monstrosities with 8,000 little checkboxes.
- In the registration form, a statement accompanying a check box says, ''This is an overcharge or not the legal rent.''
1.1 Computing (In a graphical display) a small box that, when selected by the user, shows that a particular feature has been enabled or a particular option chosen.
- Then select the checkbox next to the photo that you want to delete and click the ‘Delete’ button.
- Most features are turned on or off using checkboxes.
- It would be nice to be able to remove or change the appearance of buttons and checkboxes, and apply my own style sheet.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: check|box
Definition of checkbox in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.