1A person or thing that verifies or examines something: a spelling and grammar checker
More example sentences
- Have you ever wondered why the grammar checker in your word processor is so terrible?
- Even the grammar checker on my computer has a problem with that one.
- Ultimately, what is wanted is a computer routine similar to the grammar checker which would be programmed to highlight words and phrases which were likely to be misunderstood at the receiving end.
2US A cashier in a supermarket.
- At a recent trip to the supermarket the checker accidentally failed to me charge for some items.
- The checker in Aisle 4 at the supermarket stared at me.
- I had quite a bit more sympathy for Brendan, the hapless teenaged supermarket checker, than did the author of the book.