Definition of cheerleader in English:
1A member of a team that performs organized cheering, chanting, and dancing in support of a sports team at matches.
- To use an sporting metaphor, are cheerleaders members of the team?
- He also wants female cheerleaders and drill team members to be counted as athletes under Title IX, a policy the federal government has yet to adopt.
- I shouldn't project my opinions of one cheerleading team on all cheerleaders.
1.1An enthusiastic and vocal supporter of someone or something: he was a cheerleader for individual initiative
More example sentences
- But her most vocal cheerleaders are her children Max and Stella, aged eight and six respectively.
- It is more like self-help with an enthusiastic cheerleader.
- His religious supporters are his greatest cheerleaders.
Words that rhyme with cheerleadercopyreader
Definition of cheerleader in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan