Definition of cheese-cutter in English:
1An implement for cutting cheese, especially by means of a wire which can be pulled through the cheese.
- I have my Grandmothers wire cheese cutter- it must be 40- 50 years old.
- When Uncle Adam visited us he noticed that we didn't have a cheese cutter.
- This wrought iron framed cheese cutter is a super piece of Early American kitchenware and it is in really nice condition.
2 (also cheese-cutter cap) informal A cap with a broad, squared peak.
- The shirt was snowy white, the cheese-cutter cap (worn back-to-front, naturally) similarly virginal.
- None but the truly die-hard fans would have recognised me, slouched here with a black cheese-cutter cap pulled low over my face, sunglasses obscuring my eyes.
- We had these hats called cheese-cutters, or straw boaters.
Definition of cheese-cutter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan