Definition of cheese-cutter in English:
1An implement for cutting cheese, especially by means of a wire which can be pulled through the cheese.
- I have my Grandmothers wire cheese cutter- it must be 40- 50 years old.
- When Uncle Adam visited us he noticed that we didn't have a cheese cutter.
- This wrought iron framed cheese cutter is a super piece of Early American kitchenware and it is in really nice condition.
2 (also cheese-cutter cap) informal A cap with a broad, squared peak.
- The shirt was snowy white, the cheese-cutter cap (worn back-to-front, naturally) similarly virginal.
- None but the truly die-hard fans would have recognised me, slouched here with a black cheese-cutter cap pulled low over my face, sunglasses obscuring my eyes.
- We had these hats called cheese-cutters, or straw boaters.
Definition of cheese-cutter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.