- Extremely careful or mean with money: cheese-paring methods necessitated by desperate shortagesMore example sentences
- I can't honestly think of any other reason for the latest mean-spirited, cheese-paring cut revealed by the Irish Examiner today.
- It is symptomatic of an unacceptable cheese-paring attitude to contemplate immediate reduction in the judicial resource in the Court of Appeal.
- In my best and politest southern British accent, I profusely apologised and prostrated myself at the mercy of these cheeseparing economists.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
More definitions of cheese-paringDefinition of cheese-paring in:
- The US English dictionary