Definition of cheesecake in English:
1A kind of rich sweet tart made with cream and soft cheese on a biscuit base.
- Originally, such cheesecakes were made with soft, home-made curd cheeses but these days we use light cream cheese from the supermarket.
- We were delighted with the show and happily chose from various cheesecakes, meringues and chocolate cakes.
- I really enjoyed the internet-only audio guide that showcases the seven best cheesecakes in the city.
2 [mass noun] informal Images portraying women in a manner which emphasizes idealized or stereotypical sexual attractiveness: [as modifier]: a cheesecake photo of herself wearing a silly hat and little else
More example sentences
- So if you post cheesecake photos of Objectivists are you objectifying them?
- Is it just us, or does all this retro culture stuff seem infused with an element of cheesecake, a world where the pin-up was the height of visual elegance?
- And the clincher, from this cheesecake shot found by reader Brad: She plays football.
Definition of cheesecake in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan