1A kind of rich sweet tart made with cream and soft cheese on a biscuit base.
- Originally, such cheesecakes were made with soft, home-made curd cheeses but these days we use light cream cheese from the supermarket.
- We were delighted with the show and happily chose from various cheesecakes, meringues and chocolate cakes.
- I really enjoyed the internet-only audio guide that showcases the seven best cheesecakes in the city.
2 [mass noun] informal Images portraying women in a manner which emphasizes idealized or stereotypical sexual attractiveness: [as modifier]: a cheesecake photo of herself wearing a silly hat and little else
More example sentences
- So if you post cheesecake photos of Objectivists are you objectifying them?
- Is it just us, or does all this retro culture stuff seem infused with an element of cheesecake, a world where the pin-up was the height of visual elegance?
- And the clincher, from this cheesecake shot found by reader Brad: She plays football.
Definition of cheesecake in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.