- 1A therapy for mercury or lead poisoning that binds the toxins in the bloodstream by circulating a chelating solution.More example sentences
- Treatment is based on chelation therapy, in which a drug is administered that binds the lead and allows it to be excreted safely from the body.
- In any case, chelation therapy is not covered by Medicare nor will most insurance companies pay for it.
- A follow-up study on the blood heavy metals levels of factory workers and surrounding inhabitants is also indicated, with the introduction of chelation therapy to prevent metal poisoning.
- 1.1A form of complementary therapy involving the intravenous infusion of substances intended to remove calcium from hardened arteries.More example sentences
- These data demonstrate that EDTA chelation therapy results in significantly increased urinary losses of lead, zinc, cadmium, and calcium following EDTA chelation therapy.
- But chelation therapy can also remove necessary substances from the vital organs.
- This, fittingly, is the same mentality that brought us bypass surgery as a first resort, then consider suggesting diet, exercise, and nutritional supplementation, not to mention chelation therapy.
More definitions of chelation therapyDefinition of chelation therapy in:
- The US English dictionary