- 1(Of farming or cultivation) not involving the use of artificial chemicals, especially pesticides or fertilizers: a sustainable, chemical-free, grass-based livestock operationMore example sentences
- A number of growers in regions with a suitable warm, dry climate have adopted chemical-free growing programmes for no reasons other than economy, and that they are not seriously troubled by disease.
- Because of the difficult economics of organic farming - even with the substantial help of the organic group - people need dedication, support and vision beyond finances to stick with chemical-free farming until it becomes profitable.
- When farmers become part of the Fairtrade system, it is also easier for them to convert to organic, chemical-free production, because they have support in terms of training, and advice on organic methods.
- 1.1(Of a product, especially food or drink) free from or produced without the use of artificial chemicals: we use fresh vegetables and chemical-free poultry in our dishesMore example sentences
- All-cotton mattresses are available in the US, but only with a doctor's prescription stating that the purchaser requires a chemical-free mattress.
- These chemical-free products are made without testing on animals at any stage of the production process - even on the raw ingredients - and all ingredients are natural.
- We have been supplying the hotel kitchen with chemical-free vegetables for some time, and we have applied to the Soil Association for organic status.